Friday, December 28, 2012

TOTS!

Ok... so I have been cooking but not taking pictures. I cooked an entire Christmas meal without taking pics, so now I decided to post what I did with leftovers. 


Left Over Mashed Potato Tater Tots

(these are approximate measurements folks)
1 cup mashed potatoes (I used leftover roasted garlic and thyme mashed potatoes)
4 tablespoons egg whites (I didn't have eggs but it would probably be an egg or two depending on the size)
2 ounces of cheese (I used colby jack)
2 tablespoons flour
oil for frying

Heat the oil in a pan. Mix the ingredients together. Shape into tot sided bites. Fry for approximately 2 minutes until golden brown. You have to be gentle with them. You cannot just dump them all into the oil at once like frozen fries. Flip if they are not submerged. If you use a small pan (like I do to save oil), you may need to do multiple batches. I heat my toaster oven to 150 degrees and place the finished tots in to keep them warm and crisp. I served mine with ketchup mixed with Sriracha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment