Sunday, February 24, 2013

Frozen Kiwi Margaritas

Quick post today. My brunch plans did not work out how I planned, so I will only post the drink. I started taking a liking to making frozen margaritas out of whole fruit that has been frozen starting with watermelon. I have a hard time using up fruit before it goes bad. I usually end up freezing it. At any given time, you are likely to find a frozen banana in my fridge. Those are good to just snack on or make smoothies/coffee drinks with. 

They should look like this when done. 
The fun part of this recipe is how to get the kiwi out of the furry little peel. Simply cut the kiwi in half (like if it was a globe you are going to cut it across the equator). Now take a large spoon and slip it around the edge of the peel. The kiwi should come right out. There is a little juice but it is far less messy and less wasteful than peeling a kiwi. At this point i froze the kiwi halves. 


Frozen Kiwi Margaritas
makes 2 large or 4 small ones 

4 kiwis, halved and peeled and frozen as above
4 ounces of tequila 
2 ounces of triple sec
2-4 ounces of lime juice (to taste) 
about 8 ice cubes

Blend it all up in a blender until smooth!


No comments:

Post a Comment